Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sowing Seeds

This is my first official blog. I live in Pawleys Island, SC. I think it is one of the most magical places on earth and I intend to make you fall in love with it as well.

I am starting a 90 day "life reset". They (whoever "they" are) say that good and bad habits are formed in 21 days, but REAL change happens after consistent effort for 90 days. I am a huge fan of P90X, an intense 90 day workout program. I started the program over this week. And, I am giving myself 90 days to prove to myself I can cultivate a beautiful garden. Off we go...

Today, I worked for a few hours on a new raised garden in my backyard. Last year, I couldn't grow a thing since the ground was mostly sand.


So, I got myself a raised garden kit, 16 x 40lbs bags of organic potting soil, some seeds, and some bulbs I bought off a fundraiser at my daughter's school. I lovingly planted everything and left the garden to be watered by the oncoming storm.

A downpour that lasted 3 hours and turned my raised garden into a swimming pool....

Not sure if all of my seeds and bulbs will end up where I first plan them, but it is a start. Let's see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment