Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a White Victorian...

I absolutely ADORE Pinterest!! How about you? I could spend hours browsing through the beautiful pictures, handy tips, and mouth-watering recipes. As a REALTOR®, I tend to look at and have seen some spectacular images of dream homes and cool decor on Pinterest.  So, I got to daydreaming yesterday about MY dream house and what it would look like. As your agent, I encourage you to do the same if you are planning to buy a new home. Aim high, dream big...it's still a buyer's market!!

So just for fun, let's see what Rachel the REALTOR®, dancer, surfer, musician, wife, and Mommy would look for in a dream house ( we are talking just-won-the-lottery, unlimited budget here....)

First thing I would want in my dream home is a specific curb appeal.  I ADORE Victorian houses. My current home (which I LOVE in all of its simplicity, BTW) is not at all Victorian, but if I found the perfect piece of land and built my dream home from the ground up, I think it would look something like this:


Who knows, perhaps there is a Victorian somewhere in the Pawleys Island area that has all of the features I would like...but what are they? It is important to dream them up and write them down when you are in the process of house hunting, because it can help your agent narrow the scope of the search.

Number one on my list of interior must haves is an awesome master bath. I want it all: double vanity, large shower, jacuzzi tub with a gorgeous view, and a luxurious dressing area in my massive walk-in closet. Yes, I have been inspired by some of these images on Pinterest:





Looks pretty awesome so far, doesn't it?! Ok, next I think I would want an oversized laundry room. Call me crazy, but I love doing laundry.  There's something about the smell and feel of clean clothes that always makes me smile. It brings back memories of me helping Mom fold laundry as a kid. Incidentally, my dryer conked out and I have a new one being delivered today, but my current laundry room is far from dreamy. It lacks a utility sink and folding area. I think I would like something a bit more like this would make ANYONE (even my husband) want to do laundry:


I know a great kitchen sells a house these days, so I suppose I could use one of those as well.  I am a mediocre chef at best, so I don't think I need all the bells and whistles. If I had them, I guess I could learn to live with them and maybe even use them. :-)  Stainless steel appliances, yes. Double oven, absolutely. I would not mind one of those pasta sinks by the stove either. And of course, a cute breakfast bar area for my daughter and her friends to have their snack.


Boy, this is one DREAMY house!! See how fun this can be?? Ok, my final must have in our dream house is a separate studio for music and dance. My husband would call it his "man cave," but we would have to share the space and alternate time slots. Only thing I would add to this picture is giant velvet curtains that could be pulled across the mirrors and windows to catch the sound when recording drums (yes, my husband Tommy, is a professional drummer...)


Now, this is my major wish list. Also important in planning your dream home are simple facts such as number of bedrooms and bathrooms, square footage, and location, location, location! The more details the better. And write it all down. Your REALTOR® will thank you for it. Even if you are not ready to buy, you might want to start your list for fun. Who knows what tomorrow may bring? I have learned that dreams are powerful...write them down and visualize them; you might be shocked at how quickly you achieve results.

Unfortunately, you may have to compromise a bit on your wish list if you are looking for a resale.  But, I still say, dream big...you just never know. Your ultimate dream home may be out there waiting for you!

If you are ready to find YOUR dream home in Pawleys Island, grab your list and contact me!

Happy House Hunting!





No comments:

Post a Comment